Pack and Travel tips
Air travel is the most luxurious form of traveling that most people love. To have a comfortable and smooth journey, it is necessary that you are well prepared (the pack and travel tips is here to help you) in advance. Book your seat early in a good airline that provides good rates and flexible arrangements for your journey.
Here are a few Pack and Travel tips before you travel.
1. First of all, when you arrange your suitcase and travel bags, put your name and address both inside and outside it. If you already have this information, you should check whether it is updated with your current contact information because we do not want the bags to be landed else where.
2. It is advisable to leave all medicines, jewellery, eye glasses, airplane tickets, money of all currencies, passports, camera or other valuables, out of the checked in luggage. Hence , you should carry these items with you since many airlines will probably not reimburse you for any loss of such items.
3. You should take an official letter or prescription list from your family doctor. Get details of any health problems like allergies and a copy of medication and eyeglass prescriptions. Most importantly. pack the essential medication you would require and carry it with you.
4. You should put your cosmetics, nail enamel, shoe polish, perfume, liquor or anything that might break or spoil your clothes into a plastic bag or unbreakable container.
5. It is advisable to convert cash into travelers check that could be reissued in case it is lost. Carry any serial numbers separately from the travelers checks.
6. In addition, make a list of the inventory in your luggage and carry the list with you. Removing any hooks or pull straps before checking luggage will insure that they do not come off while handling.
7. Never lock your checked luggage, especially locks without TSA Approved, as immigration officers probably might be required to be opened in case of an inspection. If you lock your luggage, TSA may forcibly opens your bag by cutting your lock. You shall be responsible for any loss or damage to your luggage. Most of all, we do not like that for sure.
8. Most of the airlines are liable for loss or damage of checked luggage to a maximum of $ 2,800 only. Therefore do purchase a travel insurance hence you will be covered with excess coverage. Travel insurance are quite nominal nowadays.
9. Finally, once you have landed safely, do look around. Make sure that you have all your personal items with you since the airlines will not be held responsible for items left on board.
In conclusion, relax and enjoy your trip.